Tuesday 22 September 2009

Three Lil' Pigs

Click on picture for larger version
An illustration assignment where we were asked to draw WITH PERSPECTIVE in mind based on the theme of either the Lil' Red Ridinghood or the Three Little Pigs. Okay, so most of my drafts didn't make it through the approval stage, but this one was lucky to barely make it. It was wayyyyy more complicated at the beginning but the random explosions were cluttering up the view, so I got rid of them. I had colour balancing issues with this picture because I swear it was much lighter and brighter when I was colouring it on my laptop but the pigs looked roasted when I brought them onto the screen at school, and I never was able to get the same "right" tones even after tuning the lightness and contrast. I ended up choosing vividness over the other elements. Definitely not my best piece, but I think it's decent enough to show it publically on the web.