Tuesday 2 February 2010

Concept Stage

I'm currently in my final semester at 3Dsense and we're into the production phase. I'm not a great drawing artist but I like to colour ^.^  I've been assigned the job of colouring moodboards. We're making a short clip that lasts about 1.5 minutes. It's about a Japanese samurai looking man who had issues with his wife, and Cupid decided to step in to help, however, things went not quite the way he expected.

Original Colours
This is my original piece for this scene. I didn't know what colours to use so all the colour combinations are quite random. Decided to give the furniture plain catchy colours because first thing that came to my mind is IKEA!

 
Second colour study, with more pinks and purples to give the place an enchanting hue, but it's a little dark for my liking.


Slightly different from the original, the roof gets a stronger reddish hue. I thought it will make it look more outstanding but it's somewhat stealing the lime light from couple with their tea table.



This is version 2 edited according to request by my teammate because she thinks the bush looks overly blended  with the background. I increased the greens and toned down the reds.

Environment Mood Boards & Colour Study
 
Original Colour
 
Darker rendition with a more brownish house
 
 Reddish Roof with more Autumn-ish colouring
 
 Purplish/Fantasy in Spring
 
A version generated by request to keep original roof colouring with dark brown walls.

 
Original/Plain

  
Evening Time

  
Morning around 9-10am

  
I was thinking of Summer when I coloured this version, but most people mistake this as evening.

  
Spring Time filled with flowers
 
Just plain shiny at 12pm in the arvo